Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Avengers (2012)



“There was an idea to bring together a group of remarkable people, so when we needed them, they could fight the battles that we never could”


            My two youngest brothers are obsessed with superhero movies. My brother Anthony can go on and on about The Dark Night for days and how he cannot wait for The Dark Knight Rises. My youngest brother Christian owns all the superhero movies you can name. For days before the release of The Avengers, he and my parents watched Thor, Captain America, The Hulk, and Iron Man. As for me I have only ever sat through bits and pieces of these films when Christian watches them upstairs in the family room I have never sat through the entire films. It is not that I do not want to see them I do but it takes time to sit through those movies and they are not high on my list of movies to see. But I had to see The Avengers it looked really good and besides, I now work in a movie theater I felt it my duty to see it so I can tell customers how it is if they ask (also it does not hurt that I get to see the movies for basically nothing).
            I really liked The Avengers. The action was nonstop and it was just very good. All the characters are so well written and incredibly acted by the cast. It was interesting to see how Loki who was from Thor was the main bad guy who the Avengers were trying to stop.
image
The cast was perfect. Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man was my favorite. Downey is such a great actor he makes acting seem so effortless. He truly makes you believe he is the character he completely made Iron Man/Tony Stark his own. Mark Ruffalo was wonderful as The Hulk/Bruce Banner. The Hulk actually got some of the funniest scenes of the movie. Tom Hiddleston as Loki was truly the best performance of the film. Hiddleston was unbelievable he had such a psychotic sinister look to him that was perfect for this maniacal bad guy. Scarlett Johanson as Black Widow and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye were ok I was not too thrilled with their characters but they also did an excellent job. Samuel L. Jackson was badass as Nick Fury. I liked seeing Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill. I do not watch her in How I Met Your Mother but I know it is a funny show and I know her character is a little nutty from what some friends have told me so to see her in a bit of a serious roll was interesting.
            I did not give a plot because this movie is too good to give anything away and whatever I would have to say about the plot would just give too much away. The Avengers is an all around greatly made movie. It is more CGI than anything else which I really do not like but I can forgive that here because it is a superhero movie and completely unrealistic. I liked everything about it from the story, the cast, the direction just everything. The Avengers is a movie for the whole family to enjoy. Whenever I work I see entire families coming in with old and young members. Just today I saw a little girl with an Avengers shirt on, it was her birthday and she chose to see the movie. There is a reason The Avengers has already made a billion dollars world wide- it is one of the best action/superhero films to come out in the past few years. Now I have to sit through Iron Man, Thor, The Hulk, and Captain America and I cannot wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment