Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

View Image
“These are dark times, There is no denying.”


“Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1” is definitely darker than the other six Harry Potter movies. The magic world has been thrown into chaos with the Dark Lord and his followers fully taking over. No one is safe, even muggles are being attacked. The Ministry of Magic now has a sculpture of a wizard crushing muggles under stone in their “rightful” place.
            For Harry, Hermione, and Ron the world as they knew it is gone. They can’t even go back to Hogwarts or any place they use to know as safety. The three friends are away from all they know for almost the entire movie. The only happy spot in the film is Bill Weasley’s wedding to Fleur Delacour. Even that is broken up when a message from the Ministry of Magic comes to tell everyone the Ministry has been taken over and the minister has been killed. Hermione disaparates away with Ron and Harry to a spot in London where she used to go with her parents. Since they cannot find a safe place in London, Harry, Ron and Hermione are forced to travel through woods and mountains to keep away from Voldemort’s followers who are on the lookout for them.
            I cannot give too much away without spoiling the whole movie.
            I really liked this installment of Harry Potter. I liked how they were out of their element away from Hogwarts, after seeing Hogwarts for so many years it was starting to get a bit old. I felt the same way about the book as well I liked how they were out in the real wizard world.
            Deathly Hallows and its content provides every actor in the movie with great material and a great way to show their acting abilities. Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliff, and Rupert Grint were so brilliant. All three have always been fantastic as Hermione, Harry, and Ron but now that they are older and the material is darker you can now see what fine actors they have become. Some of the best performances come from Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliff when Harry and Hermione are on their own after Ron leaves for a bit. Harry and Hermione have such a nice friendship, I enjoyed seeing them without Ron we got to see more of their friendship then we’ve ever seen before.
            Of all the roles and of all the characters I have to say that one the best is Bellatrix Lestrange played by Helena Bonham Carter. In the book Bellatrix is a loony but with Helena Bonham Carter playing the character she just makes Bellatrix amazing. When I read the Deathly Hallows there was one part in the book that I was freaking out with because I was picturing Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix in the movie and how incredible the scene was going to be. And let me say the scene made it into the movie and it was everything I could have imagined and more. I find Helena Bonham Carter to be one of the best casted actors in the series. I don’t think there is an actress out there who could pull off being creepy looking and acting as creepy as she does. She allows herself not only in this movie but most of her movies to become this dark, weird character that a lot of actresses today would never dare to do.
            I was surprised how far the movie went into the book. I was expecting them to end at a certain part with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I am guessing that the writer and director went as far as they did because the next part to come is going to be out of control and amazing. They did take out a lot of things, some of them I feel are important to the story but looking at it for the movie the things are just fillers.
            I left the theater loving Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Pt.1. Once the movie was over I said “ok I want to see the second part right now!”(if you ever want a fun experience go to a Potter movie at the midnight showing. They’re so much fun) I cannot wait for the summer to see the second part. Knowing what is going to happen and what the ending will be like I just can’t wait to see all the action come to life.
            This Harry Potter is nonstop. Visually like all the other Potter movies this is stunning. Everything from the acting, lighting, direction, costumes, sets, and special effects are so well done. See this in theaters for sure before the next part comes out in the summer

No comments:

Post a Comment