Tuesday, June 26, 2012

21 Jump Street (2012)



 “Where do we report to?”
“Down on Jump Street. 37 Jump Street... wait, that doesn't sound right.”

21 Jump Street was a movie I never really intended on seeing. First off it is a take on an old Johnny Depp TV show and two things are wrong with it already- it is a remake or excuse me a “reboot” and it is of something Johnny Depp was in. Second Jonah Hill is in the movie and I do not find him funny at all.  I only watched it today because it was my brother’s birthday and he wanted me to watch it with him and the rest of our family. Never let it be said that I am a bad sister.
            So pretty much Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum are idiot big headed cops. They went to high school together where Tatum was the popular jock who was dumb as a stick and Hill was a nerd who was trying to look like Eminem. After school they went into the police force together and became friends. Instead of being put on the tough beats where they think they will be taking down criminals they are put on bike duty in a park. They see some gangsters smoking pot in the park, chase after them, but Tatum does not know the rights and the guy gets out of jail. The head of the department sends them to 21 Jump Street to work undercover as high school kids to bust a drug ring. Hill and Tatum face high school again each learning something about themselves and learning new things.
            Blah blah blah blah blah. And yes they get the bad guy who was right under our damn noses the whole time.
            Now I appreciate dirty humor some of my favorite comedy movies have some of the dirtiest humor ever but I did not find 21 Jump Street funny at all (alright well there was a funny scene at the end of the movie that I was like crying at but that was it). I HATE comedies that deal with high school, they are so unbelievable and stupid and this was one of them. The acting sucked beyond measure too. I really cannot stand Jonah Hill the guy is not funny whatsoever I try my hardest to avoid any movie he is in. Channing Tatum is excellent eye candy and I have seen him in other movies so I did not find him bad I actually found him funny and the only one that was.
            21 Jump Street is good for one viewing if you are really dying to see it. With movies like this I do not think I wasted my time because now I can have an opinion on it and my opinion is that it sucked. New comedies to me are just so not funny they try too hard to be funny and they just come out crude and ridiculous.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment