Thursday, December 17, 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)

Image result for star wars the force awakens poster
“There are stories about what happened.”
“It's true. All of it. The Dark Side, the Jedi. They're real.”

            WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY TO BE A MOVIE FANATIC!!!!
            Star Wars: The Force Awakens has finally been released! I got the chance to see it tonight in IMAX 3-D and it was the greatest movie experience and one of the greatest experiences in my life.
            Let me start off my saying that I am not a gigantic Star Wars fan. My two youngest brothers, Anthony and Christian, are obsessed. Anthony is twenty-two and Christian is sixteen. Ever since they were both little they have been fans of the movies. I remember them playing with all kinds of Star Wars toys and getting them for Christmases and birthdays. I was more excited to see The Force Awakens because my brothers were beyond excited. For the entire week before The Force Awakens Anthony kept saying “only 4 more sleeps”, “only two more sleeps!”. My point of this is, I guess, I kind of grew up on Star Wars through my brothers and I do like it and I was excited to see because of my brothers and I was also excited to be a part of a huge cultural event.
            My entire family went to see The Force Awakens. We were all on pins and needles waiting for the movie to begin. Over the last three days I watched A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. I was totally ready to see what adventures the new story would take us on and where all our favorite characters were in their lives and meet the new characters. When the movie began the entire theater clapped and cheered. Anthony and Christian were holding each other’s hands as if they were back to being little boys.
            I sat enraptured as The Resistance began their fight against a new enemy known as the First Order. My excitement became tenfold as soon as I saw Han Solo come on screen. My shipping heart fluttered when Han and Leia were on screen together. I was beyond thrilled to see Rey portrayed as this amazing new female protagonist (if there is one thing JJ Abrams knows how to write extremely well it is female protagonists who kick some major ass and do it well) who is not afraid to get right in the middle of the action. I was so happy to see Oscar Isaac in a big movie like this, I enjoy him so much as an actor. Adam Driver could not have been any more perfect than he was as the new Darth Vader-type character Kylo Ren. I nearly jumped out of seat in happiness seeing Greg Grunberg play one of the Resistance fighter pilots (he will forever be Weiss from the show Alias to me. Alias, for those of you that do not know, is a show JJ Abrams created with Jennifer Garner as the lead). The new droid BB-8 may just be one of the cutest things ever created (can a droid be called “cute”?).


            There is not much more that I can say about Star Wars: The Force Awakens without giving too much of the plot away. I know you can look up spoilers and read a small summary on IMDB but I do not even want to give that much away to you. There are so many incredible and feels-hurting things that happen in The Force Awakens for me to ever want to spoil it. Just know that The Force Awakens, whether you see it in IMAX 3-D or the regular way, it will be one of the greatest movie experiences you will ever experience. I am beyond excited to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens again. I loved it so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment