Saturday, July 9, 2011

Clueless (1995)


“Would you look at that body language? Legs crossed towards each other. That is an unequivocal sex invite.”

            Clueless is one of those movies I can remember watching all the time when I was little. I was never into the whole popularity thing or the fashion thing; I guess I just found Clueless to be funny and entertaining. I still do to this day watching it.
            If you have been living under a rock for the past sixteen years and have never seen Clueless it is about Cher Horowitz and her popular band of friends at a Beverly Hills high school. Cher is a spoiled brat who is used to getting what she wants. She is not a brat to the point where she needs to be slapped she is a funny, naïve brat who likes to manipulate people to get what she wants. Cher likes to shop and talk with her friend Dionne.
            When her report card comes in and the grades are not good she talks some of her teachers into giving her better grades by telling them stories to get their sympathy. But there are two teachers who will not change the grades. In order to get them to grade not so harshly she hooks them up.
            A new girl from the East Coast named Tai enrolls in the school. Cher and Dionne see Tai as a new project and make her over and teach her how to be popular.
            Cher, Dionne, and Tai get into a bunch of shenanigans and heartbreaks throughout the movie. There are so many funny scenes and lines that it is hard to name just one.
            The cast is one of my favorites. I can accurately pinpoint that this is where my crush/love for Paul Rudd all started (he plays Cher’s stepbrother Josh) and I still go nuts whenever I see him in the movie. I find it more fun to see Brittany Murphy, Donald Fasion, Alicia Silverstone, Paul Rudd, Breckin Meyer, and Alicia Donavan so young.
            Clueless is so much fun to watch. It is a movie I have noticed that not just girls enjoy but boys also. It is not extremely girly and annoying at all. Clueless is just the right amount of silly and fun for everyone.
            Suggested: Do not take Clueless seriously and just have fun watching it.


No comments:

Post a Comment