Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)


“Impressive. Most impressive. Obi-Wan has taught you well. You have controlled your fear. Now, release your anger. Only your hatred can destroy me.”

            The original Star Wars saga is back for another adventure with The Empire Strikes Back.
            Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and Han Solo are part of the Rebellion on the icy planet of Hoth. Luke and Han are patrolling the snowy terrain when they see an asteroid fall from the sky. Luke goes to check it out and Han returns to the base. Before he can reach the asteroid Luke is knocked out by a snow monster. The monster takes him to a cave and hangs him upside down. Fortunately, Luke uses the Force to grab his lightsaber to cut himself loose and kill the monster. Weak from his wounds Luke passes out in the snow. Han goes out to find Luke and sees he is passed out.
            Before Han can really recuperate, Darth Vader has found the new rebel base and sends his troops to attack. The rebels are able to stop the attack. After the fighting Luke takes his X-Wing fighter to the planet Dagobah where he hopes to find Yoda who will be able to teach him the ways of the Force. Yoda is not who Luke had in mind as a Jedi who can train him.
Image result for the empire strikes back
            Han and Leia get away from the base on the Millennium Falcon. They manage to get to Cloud City where they meet up with Landau Calrissian, Han’s friend. Landau had been duped into helping Vader capture Han and Leia.
Image result for the empire strikes back
            Darth Vader put the thought into Luke’s mind that Leia and Han were going to die to bring Luke closer to him. He manages to get to Cloud City and right into Vader’s hands.
Image result for the empire strikes back

            Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back was fantastic. I am so obsessed with Han and Leia as a couple. I hate me as much as you hate me for admitting that but I do and I cannot help it. Yoda is hilarious and someone I wish I could have in my life to teach me to chill the hell out and act kind of like my life coach. Luke I still is kind of annoying but he was a lot better in this one than A New Hope. His scene fighting with Darth Vader and that big reveal was great. I love how none of the stories that had begun in A New Hope were continued. The Empire Strikes Back is funny, dramatic, action packed, and intense. I enjoyed it so much. 
Image result for the empire strikes back

No comments:

Post a Comment