Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi (1983)

“Never. I'll never turn to the Dark Side. You've failed, your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me.”
“So be it... Jedi!”

            Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi is the final movie of the original saga and it is a very finale to a fantastic beginning of a cultural phenomenon.
            Han Solo is now in the hands of Jabba the Hutt for not delivering cargo. Han is still frozen in carbon in Jabba’s lair. Luke, Leia, Chewbacca, and the droids C3-PO and R2-D2 bust Han from his carbon chamber and get rid of the awful Jabba the Hut.
            The Rebel Alliance has learned that Dark Vader and the Empire under Emperor Palpatine have been rebuilding an even stronger and menacing Death Star. This new Death Star has a protective shield around it that is on the forest moon of Endor. The moon is inhabited by small creatures known as Ewoks. Luke and Leia work together and with some other rebels and even the Ewoks to lure the Storm Troopers away from the shield.
            Luke goes back to Yoda who at 900 years old is dying. He confirms to Luke that Darth Vader is his father Anakin Skywalker. Yoda also reveals that there is another Skywalker. That other Skywalker is Leia, Luke’s twin sister. Luke goes back to Endor to tell Leia about them and that he is going to the new Death Star to try to defeat Vader. Luke believes there is still some of the good Anakin in Vader and wants to try to persuade him to turn good.
            I cannot imagine what it must have been like to be a fan of Star Wars when it was originally out having to wait three years in between each movie and then having it all come to an end. I have never really been into a series of movies. My two youngest brother are obsessed with, not only Star Wars, but Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit which are series that have all ended. I cannot imagine being so into a movie series and having it end. Even watching the movies today watching Return of the Jedi was a bit sad because the cast is so good. I was sad that they would not be together anymore like they were. If you have read my reviews for A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back you will know I completely Leia and Han. I was so happy seeing them be all adorable. I died a little when Han got jealous of Leia thinking about Luke!
            Star Wars: Return of the Jedi was fantastic. I am so happy I finally sat and watched the Star Wars trilogy and that I enjoyed them so much. I appreciate them so much as movies they are all so perfect and so entertaining. I love the direction, the writing and most of all the cast and the characters. I’m ready to rewatch them all right now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment