Monday, May 4, 2015

Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Image result for thor the dark world
“Some believe that before the universe, there was nothing. They're wrong. There was darkness... and it has survived.”

            Thor: The Dark World takes place two years after Thor (Chris Hemsworth) first came to earth. He wants to return to earth but after the events of the first Thor movie and The Avengers his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) refuses to let him go. So in the mean time Thor has been fighting off enemies and trying to bring peace to the nine realms of his world. He has had a guy named Heimdall (Idris Elba) looking out for his earthly lady love Jane Foster (Natalie Portman). One day Heimdall cannot see Jane and Thor rushes down to earth.
            Jane and her trusty sidekick intern Darcy Lewis (Kat Dennings) track down a wormhole like the one Thor came through in the first movie. Jane gets sucked into the wormhole to another dimension/realm/world… whatever you wanna call it. Wherever she goes she is brought near this big rock type thing that is filled with this red stuff called Aether… let me explain what this Aether gunk is…
            Thousands of years ago the Asgardians fought off these people called The Dark Elves (yep I said The Dark Elves). The leader of the elves Malekith and his second in command Algrim escape to await their chance to come and fight off the Asgardians.
            Back to Jane… Jane was gone for five hours. When she comes back Thor appears. Jane is happy to see him but also not since he was away for so long. And he also destroyed a portion of NYC with the Avengers. The police arrived to try to help look for Jane. When they go to touch her the Aether that she was smothered in sends out this wave of energy that knocks everyone down. Thor takes her back to Asgard to be cured of whatever the Aether stuff is.
Image result for thor the dark world
            *Skipping over a lot of stuff*… the Dark Elves comes back and destroy Asgard. Through the wormhole in time they plan on going down to earth and using the Aether as their weapon. Naturally Thor and Jane and even Loki (Tom Hiddleston) all have a hand in bringing down the Dark Elves.
            The cast was great except for Natalie Portman. Ok before I get shit thrown at me, Natalie Portman is a good actress and she was very good in this Thor but I feel she just is not right for the part. She is not convincing as a scientist and as someone in love with Thor. DO NOT for one second think I am saying Portman is not convincing as a scientist because she is pretty that is not at all what I am saying in the slightest. There was just something about her that did not convince me she was a character rather than just an actress playing the character of a scientist. Jane and Thor’s relationship is not convincing either. To me they have as much chemistry as two poles. It could just be me and how I am sick and tired of romantic love interests in certain movies. I a shipper hardcore of certain love interests in movies and TV shows but I am finding I would rather see a man and a woman work together as partners to get shit done without the romantic entanglements… wow that turned into a rant, I apologize. Kat Dennings once again steals the movie in what limited screen time she is given. She saves the movies for me. Tom Hiddleston is just a hot sarcastic piece of ass as Loki. Loki also saves the movies for me too because he is a hot sarcastic piece of ass. Good lord, I am such a damn girl I cannot handle myself. Once again, I apologize.
Image result for thor the dark world

            Unfortunately Thor: The Dark World not hold my interest at all. I feel really bad for some reason but the stories of the movies have not held my interest. The stories I found a bit dull in both movies and the characters are just not convincing to me, well I will say except for Loki, Tom Hiddleston just nails playing a villain. Thor: The Dark World, like Iron Man and some of the other Marvel movies are worth seeing because they are awesomely made and written (except for the characters in Thor). 
Image result for thor the dark world

No comments:

Post a Comment