Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Thought Round-Up on Marvel Avenger Movies


My brothers have been obsessed with the Marvel Cinematic Universe ever since Iron Man came out in 2008. For all those years they have been trying desperately to get me to sit done to watch at least one of them. I have always wanted to see the Marvel movies but in those years as all the movies were being released I was attending like sucking, soul crushing college. And I was also being a huge movie snob and only really watching classic films, eesh did I miss a lot. I did actually get to see The Avengers in theaters because when it was released I was working at a movie theater and got to see it for free. Now that my head is out of my ass and I am expanding my range of movie watching, it was now a great time to finally see all the Avenger movies. Well, besides the time Age of Ultron just came out last week and I hated not knowing what was going on with the characters so fire under my butt right there.
My first solo Marvel superhero movie was Captain America: The First Avenger and that was only because I started watching the TV show Agent Carter. Peggy Carter is now one of my all time favorite movie/TV show characters. I fan girl raged over her in my review for Captain America: The First Avenger so I will not go overboard here. The movie was amazing. I LOVE beyond reason the story of Steve Rogers. I love how he was this sweet kid who wanted to defend his country and help fighting the bad guys from the goodness of his heart. The doctor who created the technology to turn Steve into a fighting superhero of sorts and Peggy Carter were the only ones who believed him. I can never get enough of Captain America as a character and as a story. It is one of those movies I can watch at least once a week. Every time I see Steve Rogers in an Avengers movie I love him all the more because he is still fighting for the good of others and is never ever selfish about anything. I adore it to no end. And how in anyone’s right mind they do not love, admire, and adore Agent Carter as a character and Hayley Atwell for playing her is beyond me. GO WATCH THE SHOW RIGHT NOW!!!
            Iron Man and Thor I could not for the life of me get into. Thor I felt was quite dull except for Loki and Darcy. Maybe it has something to do with it being about gods in other realms I do not know. I could not get behind the characters or believe the actors playing the characters at all. Iron Man kind of pissed me off. Robert Downey, Jr. is incredible as Tony Stark he IS Tony Stark no one could have played the character better but the character kind of drives me nuts. I mentioned in my reviews that I cannot stand when something happens to someone and then from that something happening the person changes. That is what happened to Tony and Thor they got too cocky and annoying and then they changed after some traumatic experience. Also they started out as spoiled dicks. Unlike Captain America who is good from the bottom of his heart Thor and Tony had to go through something to change.
            The Avengers movies are very good. The first one I really liked when I originally saw it. Age of Ultron I wrote up not that long ago. I felt Ultron was a little drawn out.
            The only Avenger I would pay top dollar to see in their own movie is Black Widow. Scarlett Johansson is amazing as the character. Black Widow is just a complete bad ass fright from her first fighting scene. I go nuts watching her kick some ass effortlessly in the movies she has been in. Marvel needs to make a Black Widow movie. There is so much to that character and she is so awesome that there could be a movie just for her. Unfortunately, the writers of Age of Ultron set Natasha Romanoff and Black Widow back ten years by creating a love story between her and The Hulk. That pissed me off to absolutely no end. Great job screenwriters, great job making a great character and then knocking her down to love interest when she never should have been. I get it we need to see that Natasha is not a robot or emotionless but there were plenty of other ways to do so.
            So to round up my painfully long Avengers marathon: I actually did like them despite some short comings with the characters, some of the actors/actresses, and the stories. Captain America: The First Avenger is now one of my all time favorite movies and Steve Rogers and Peggy Carter are my idols. Iron Man 3 was the best of the trilogy. Loki/Tom Hiddleston and Kat Dennings make Thor worth sitting through.
            Not the best reviewing of all the Avengers movies, but hey I am not a professional film critic which surely you can see. I really like how all these superheroes are not perfect. They all have their own demons and dilemmas they have to work out. Even though watching all the Avengers movies felt like a drag at times I had a great time watching them. I am very glad I did because now I can say I have seen them all and now I am ready for whatever the next Marvel Cinematic Universe movie is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment